Thursday, April 16, 2009

yuck

We joined a gym last summer when we lived in that house cause we wanted use of the pools. It was ok, they had a nice gym and classes to take, and then they had like 5 pools and 20 tennis courts, and a running trail around the whole thing. I saw a guy using the rowing machine. It looked like it SUCKED. But now our apartment complex has a pool, and it has a small fitness center, with a couple treadmills and elipticals, and a few weight machines. I'm not sure how I would justify joining a gym. I told Jessi what I might try is finding all the local gyms that have those "2 weeks free" programs and do a bunch of them. Sometimes it's just ridiculous how expensive they are per-month PLUS the initial membership fees AND sometimes you have to sign a twelve-month contract up front or else it's more expensive.
It's supposed to get up to 90 on Monday!! It's really only a problem in the afternoon. Michigan makes sense cause it gets hot when the sun comes up, it's hottest in the middle of the day, then it cools down when the set gets lower. Out here it stays cool till like noon, then the hottest part of the day is after work, like 4-7pm, but then it stays really hot until well after sunset. So running in the morning would be ok, but after work or in the evening is not really an option when it's over 100.
Well anyway, tonight I'm just going to do some strength training then tomorrow do my run/walk and then jump rope and then Sunday do a long walk. Saturday I might do some other light exercise like going on a bike ride, taking Zoey on a long walk, or swimming if it's hot enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment