Friday, April 10, 2009

1st official workout?

Today I started my training with that couch-to-5K business that Jodi pointed out. I ran 60 seconds, walked 90. I started with a 5 minute walk, and the total time for the workout was 24 minutes and 30 seconds. I did the 60-second jog 7 times! I know it's not that big of a deal, but seriously I thought I was going to die. and I didn't! So go me!
Jami bandits are people who walk or run in the race without having registered. So if they see someone amblin' along without on of those bib number thingys, they take you off the course. I'm not sure why it's such a big deal actually. I guess they want everyone to pay for the free water and fruit along the course?
Also, finishing in 6 hours or less is an average time of 13:40 per mile. So we all have to be under that time, or else know for a fact that someone else can make up for it if one of us isn't.

1 comment:

  1. i was picturing one of those guys with a handkerchief over his face robbing a stagecoach or a train. haha

    ReplyDelete