Yesterday I did another one of those walk/run thingys. I ran 60 seconds, then walked 90 seconds, and I did that 8 times. I think it was like 1.8 miles at the end of it. Then I jumped rope for a bit, then I had tacos. Tonight I have tickets to a concert so I won't be working out, but tomorrow I plan on doing some strength training stuff, then doing the running thing again on Friday and a long walk on Sunday with 3 big hills on the route.
When we ran yesterday I made Mark run behind me so I didn't feel like I was losing. It helped.
I have it pretty good cause the weather is great right now, and I'm in Suburbia so there's tons of block-party neighborhoods with kids in the streets, bike trails, and nice landscaped sidewalks along the busy parkways. And going for longer walks/runs isn't hard cause I can just pick a destination, like the taco shop or frozen yogurt (there is a dissappointing ratio of frozen yogurt to ice cream shops here) then just walk there and back and it's like 5 miles. BUT, this summer is going to SUCCKKK cause it hits 90 at about noon and then it doesn't cool down until like 11pm. Not really sure how I'm going to deal with that yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment